Thursday 3 March 2011

LH: Nightmare on Elm Street

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rbsAyWOsnXk

What I particularly like about this piece is the use of sound and text. I like the two layers of text for the credits; one animated and the other an image of a name scratched into a wall. With our piece, like in this opening, we could have snippets of sound of children laughing and singing. This would reinforce our ideas of child's play and dolls. I also like the use of old photographs and close-ups of toys in this opening sequence. Both of these shots might work well in our montage.

1 comment:

  1. I agree I love this film opening and how the text has been used to introduce actors. I particularly like the use of slow motion in this opening sequence, it really creates enigma and a dramatic and enticing feel about the film. We should attempt to use this technique in our film opening.

    ReplyDelete